Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jalapeno Ranch Fish & Zucchini (hCG friendly)

Ok, whether I am on a diet or not, this is absotoodalootly one of my favorite meals, hands down. It's super quick, easy, & tasty... nothing wrong with that! The beauty in this meal is that I bake it in one dish. ONE DIRTY DISH well, besides plates, but still... amazing. Josh is also a fan... as long as I don't use mushy fish.



The last time I made this for him I used flounder that I had in the freezer for maybe a little bit too long. It's not like it went bad or anything, but when you cook it, it gets a gawdawful smushy gritty texture from being in the freezer too long that just kills it. Sorry babe! Note to self: buy more flounder.

BUT I wouldn't do that to y'all, no way! I'll post it with fresh swai... well, freshly frozen non-smushy swai. But really, I've used tilapia, cod, flounder, halibut, salmon (not hCG friendly!), and now swai.

Swai reminds me of flounder. It is an amazing flaky white-fish, but it's heartier than tilapia. I really only bought it because the big frozen bags were on sale at Walmart, and I am all about a good deal! The result? YUM-O! Thank you Walmart for having a sale (oops, "roll-back") on this fantastic fish.

I firmly believe that zucchini is one of the best vegetables on the face of the planet, and it is so versatile. When it's not in season, I get mad. Really. I've gone off on tangents about "stupid" stores not having zucchini when I want it.

With that being said, you will need:


White fish filet (usually 3.5-4oz per serving)
Zucchini
I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray
Buttermilk ranch dressing powder
Hoot N Holler jalapeno powder (the link for which can be found in my HCG Diet Log)
Cumin

Instructions:


Preheat oven to 350.

Slice zucchini and place in baking dish with fish (I don't even bother to defrost my fish. WHAT?!? That's what the oven is for. Don't judge me). Spray fish and zucchini with butter spray, sprinkle with jalapeno powder and ranch powder. Sprinkle fish only with cumin.

Bake for 20-30 minutes.

See... easy peasy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment