Friday, December 23, 2011

Sausage White Queso

I would like to start off by saying that this IS NOT restaurant white queso. It's way better than any restaurant ever thought about making; plus, if I wanted restaurant queso, I would go to a restaurant. This recipe was a random thought of mine... as I was CRAVING queso, but beyond tired of the velveeta/rotel boringness. What I did not expect was for this to turn out to be THE BEST white queso dip I have ever had. That's right. I'll say it. It's the absolute best white queso I have ever had... and I made it... and I'm nice enough to share. So without further ado...

Sausage White Queso




























































Ingredients:
4 jalapeno peppers
2 poblano peppers
2oz El Yucateco Chile Habanero Sauce (Mexican ingredient section at Walmart)
16oz (one roll) Jimmy Dean hot sausage
1/2 package kraft/philadelphia pepper jack cheese
8oz cream cheese (not pictured)
1 box queso blanco velveeta
1 small onion (sweet yellow)
8oz sour cream

Instructions:
Cut tops off of poblano peppers and remove seeds. Slice into thin strips, then chop (chunky pieces are best) & slice jalapenos into thin rounds (or whichever way you like best). If you like your food to have a bite, leave the seeds, I did of course. Chop onion & put ingredients in a 5qt crock pot. If you have crock pot liners, I suggest using one. Brown sausage in & add to peppers/onion. Cube velveeta & cream cheese and mix in with sausage, etc. Mix in pepper jack cheese and sour cream. Pour habanero sauce on top, it will mix in when you stir periodically later to keep the cheese from burning. This hot sauce is my favorite, so I may be guilty of adding more.... like double. If you like some fire to your food then add away! Cook on high for 2 hours then keep warm.

Hopefully you'll have more luck than I did with your dip actually making it out of the crock pot to serve. Josh and I literally stood in the kitchen eating this & had to pry ourselves away. It's PHENOMENAL, but don't just take my word for it... live, love & cook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment