Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tommy's Taters

How fitting that these here taters are one of the first things I can remember my mom cooking growing up... named after a friend who is obsessed with them. Now I put my big girl pants on (literally, these things are not good for the diet) and amped up the recipe so these babies KICK! I'll apologize ahead of time for my lack of real measurements. I hardly measure anything... if you can't eyeball it then go with trial and error!

Tommy's Taters





















3lbs russet potatoes, small
1/2 stick of butter
3 jalapenos
1/2 package green onions
small bottle of ranch dressing (squeeze bottle works best!)
1 small can sliced black olives
3/4 bag shredded cheddar cheese
real bacon bits (or real crumbled bacon)

Boil potatoes for 15 minutes. Let cool then slice in 1/4 inch rounds & lay out on baking sheet
slice butter and spread evenly over potatoes (it melts when cooked & helps keep potatoes from sticking... and adds that buttery goodness) next drizzle ranch over potatoes. If you LOVE ranch, use it liberally! Slice jalapenos very thinly (keep seeds for heat) & roughly chop green onions. Spread over potatoes. Next layer cheese, then top with bacon bits & olives. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.  

Now if you can control yourself (I can't) and keep from eating them right off the baking sheet, it's easiest to use a spatula to serve with. Serve with a big, fat, juicy steak and we are talking PURE HEAVEN. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment