Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sausage & Shrimp Jumbalaya

This has to be one of my favorite crockpot meals ever. We went to the store this morning so I could get the fixins for mexican lasagna because I have been testing the waters for the perfect recipe. It isn't perfected yet, so you won't find it on here until I'm satisfied, but apparently Josh wasn't in the mood for mexican... which has to be a first... so he asked me if I would make him some jumbalaya. Ok, twist my arm...

Sausage & Shrimp Jumbalaya






















Ingredients:
2 cups celery, sliced (about half a bunch)
1.5 cups sweet yellow onion, chopped (small onion)
2-3 cloves elephant garlic, sliced
1 cup okra (frozen or fresh)
16oz red beans & rice (Mahatma package)
8oz. hot links, sliced
8oz. shrimp (small, peeled, deveined, tails off)
6oz. tomato paste
14oz beef broth
4.5 cups water
4oz. Louisiana hot sauce
1 Tbs Cajun seasoning (I used everglades heat, Tony's will be just fine too)



Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in 5qt crockpot (yes, it will all fit) & cook on high for 4-5 hours. Stir Occasionally.

It's so dang good, I'm glad I don't know how to make anything in small quantities. This is great for Josh to take to lunch during the week... and maybe me too, even though I try to keep my indulgences to the weekend... the jumbalaya is just that good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment