Sunday, October 7, 2012

Green Chile Cheese Corn Muffins

I'm having one of those "blah" days! I'm so anxious and ready for Josh to be home that I can't even get anything done... including school/work stuff, which is bad, but whatever. Down to days here... DAYS, and they are the longest days ever. So, in efforts to put myself in a good mood and in an attempt to be slightly productive, I figured I'd whip something up.

I have a ton of different takes on corn muffins or cornbread, and I thought I'd try something somewhat new. The results were fantastic, of course. It's really hard to mess up a corn muffin. I've put Spam in a corn muffin before, and it still turned out delicious. Not saying anything bad about Spam, I'm just not so fond of the stuff.

Anyhoo... I just used some ingredients I had at the house & I'm pretty sure these will go on a regular rotation.

Ingredients:

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 can sweet yellow corn (or 1 cup frozen corn...thawed)
1 small can green chiles
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella, but I think any shredded cheese would be good, maybe mexi blend, pepper jack, etc.)
1 tsp jalapeno powder
1/8 cup fresh cilantro...(about 6 sprigs; grind in food processor before adding to mix)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400; spray muffin tin with Pam. Mix all ingredients in medium bowl for about a minute. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir again. Scoop mix into muffin tin about halfway full. Bake for 15 minutes, let cool.

I ate one of these warm right out of the pan and it was sooo good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment