Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crockpot Cheesy Taco Chicken

I've been making huge meals lately so there will be plenty of leftovers because Josh's shift has changed and he isn't able to grab anything for lunch. Of course that means a lot of casseroles and crockpot dishes, which is fine because those are my favorite type of recipes to post here. I know I haven't posted a lot lately, but trust me, I'm still cooking up a storm.

Anyhoo, we all know I love a versatile recipe, and this sure is it!


Ingredients
7oz canned sliced jalapenos, drained
1 medium onion, sliced (I know, another recipe with onions... I love them, what can I say?)
2lbs chicken breasts
1, 16oz jar taco sauce
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 pkg. four cheese Mexican shredded cheese
Tepatio (Mexican hot sauce) to taste


**the pepper on the left side is a bahut jolokia (ghost) pepper... we like stuff hot, as always**

Instructions
Trim fat off chicken and place whole breasts in bottom of crockpot, layer on top: sliced onions, jalapenos, taco seasoning, cumin, taco sauce, Tepatio, and cream cheese cut into chunks. Cook on high for 4 hours (low for 8). Stir once or twice to make sure the cream cheese doesn't get burnt on the sides.

Switch over to warm setting, shred each chicken breast with two forks (hold with one fork, shred with the other) while in the crockpot. If it is easier for you to take the chicken out to shred it, that would work as well, just return the chicken to the crockpot after shredding. Stir in shredded cheese until mixed/melted. 

Serve over rice or with tortillas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment