Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Morning Power Shake

This has become my go-to breakfast. Not only is it easy, but it's tasty... And good for you. 

I know I post a lot (okay, a lot A LOT) of meals that aren't so healthy. Some that are... But they're definitely outweighed by the comfort foods loaded with calories. To be fair, most of my recipes posted here are those that I make on the weekends. I'm a firm believer that calories should not count on the weekends, but I do try to keep it healthy during the week. 

In an effort to even things out, I want to start posting about some healthy and easy meals. This may take me a bit because they're just not as fun to post, but I'll try. Why not start with breakfast?

I am not, I repeat, I AM NOT a morning person. I find that shakes are the easiest way to start my morning and get me going... And who wouldn't want to start their day with:

Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Power Shake

Sounds amazing, right? It is. 



Ingredients:
1 level scoop of Nutrilite Body Key meal replacement shake powder (or similar)
1 banana
1 tbsp PB2 or peanut butter
2 ice cubes
1/2 cup water

Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth, creamy consistency (like a shake should be of course!). For a thicker shake, use less water.

Benefits:
*low calorie
*vitamins & minerals
*protein
*fiber

0 comments:

Post a Comment